Friday, April 29, 2011

And She Walked Away....

Walk

photo by andrewrennie in flickr

Thursday afternoon I experienced the best phone call an ex-cult member can receive: a friend escaped the cult.

She and her fiance made a mad dash for the courthouse to be wed (much to the cult pastor's horror I am sure). As she was forced to live in the cult pastor's house since birth I am sure this took might courage and to say the least, cunning planning on she and her fiance's part.

God bless you, friend, wherever you are and fill you to the full brimming of gladness and joy.

7 comments:

Lewis said...

Two thumbs WAAAAY up! And a hearty thanks to God.

The Cult Next Door said...

Isn't amazing!!!! I am still shouting and singing :)

Thank you for the kind words, Lewis!

Hopewell said...

Great news! I'm sure you are a great support for that person.

Incongruous Circumspection said...

Yipppeeee!!!!!!!!!! I'm telling you, you are so correct. I am so happy when I hear and see it. The same thing happened to me in a phone call last week. Praise the Lord!

shadowspring said...

=D

The Cult Next Door said...

Thank you for all your kind comments!
*Still dancing*
@incongruous...Congrats! It is an amazing, stunning feeling isn't it?

Eric said...

Best news I got all week!