Unfortunately, they are no longer allowing random visitors- you have to be invited to read.
Hopefully they will soon re-open their blog to the public.
"I decided to compose a simple, and of course, very unscientific, test which can be taken by those who have left the former church or one like it. With the help of my husband and a good friend, the questions were designed to help everyone see how differently the former church affected people during our unfortunate captivity there. If you would like to, get out a sheet of paper and see how you do.
1. How long did you attend this church? (1 point for each year)
2. Were you there every time the doors were open? (10 points)
3. How many years were you actively involved in a helps ministry? (1 point for each year in each area of helps. Example: 16 years in music=16 points, plus 5 years in the nursery=5 additional points)
4. Were you ever a department head, either paid or volunteer? (10 points)
5. Were you ever a paid staff member? (20 points for each family member on staff)
6. Were you or a family member ever on the board? (10 points)
7. Did your children grow up in this church? (20 points)
8. Did they ever have an unpleasant experience with the former pastor and/or his family members? (20 points per incident)
9. Did you or anyone in your family ever have to meet with the former pastor, his wife, or his son in order to be corrected? (20 points)
10. Did the former pastor ever make you or an immediate family member cry? (10 points per incident)
11. Were you forced to follow the dress code? (10 points)
12. Were you ever expected to choose the pastor and the church over family and friendships? (20 points)
13. Did you ever discover that you were the subject of the dinner conversation of your former pastor and his family? (10 points)
14. Did the former pastor ever pit you against staff members and/or church members, demanding information, and giving you no choice but to answer? (10 points)
15. Were you ever personally corrected from the pulpit, knowing without a doubt that he was talking about you? (20 points per incident)
16. Did you give your tithes and offerings to this church? (20 points)
17. Did you give out of obligation, and did this ever create financial difficulties for you? (20 points)
18. Were you ever made to feel inferior because you didn't have an impressive amount of material things, and because of this, then felt pressured to acquire them? (10 points)
19. Did you ever feel left out of the former pastor's clique? (10 points)
20. Did you or your family experience any kind of loss or pain that you believe you would not have experienced had you not attended the former church? (50 points)
21. Were you ever strongly advised by the former pastor (from the pulpit or in private) to make an important decision regarding your personal life or finances which ultimately proved to be wrong? (20 points per incident)
22. Did the former pastor ever lie to you by giving his word that he would do something and then not do it? (such as a Christmas bonus for 2 years in a row) (10 points per incident) 50 bonus points: Were you asked to leave this church? 50 bonus points: Were you fired from a position in this church? 50 bonus points: Was your spouse fired from a position in this church?
If you scored 150 points or above, then you have probably been adversely affected by this church. Some more than others. I am sure that there are a wide range of scores.
As you can see from all of the possible responses to the questions posed in this test, people have had largely varying degrees of involvement and experiences, leading to a countless number of different reactions. It is a very personal thing. As unique as your fingerprint. No one has the right to decide when it is time for someone to get over a hurtful situation. Some have needed an opportunity to vent, which in turn has helped others to do the same."